It is the New Year and there is no better time to give your spouse a gift certificate for a massage. A little sign of appreciation for all they have done for the family this past year and a reset button for the upcoming year. A kind gesture that says I care and I want you to take time for yourself . . . well, honey I know it is the thought that counts but you may want to read the fine print on that Groupon next time. Here are the top 7 signs that the Fancy Spa Gift Certificate just might be to an old fashion massage parlor.
- It is located in a sketchy part of town.
- It is in a strip mall next to a hookah lounge.
- There are 2 other “spas” across the street.
- The windows are covered with newspapers.
- All the light bulbs are red.
- No one speaks English and there are no professional licenses hanging on the wall.
- If it looks like they offer happy endings, they probably do.